Almost all features of SRS support reload, donot disconnect all connection and apply the new config.
The bellow features can not reload:
- deamon: whether start as deamon mode.
- mode: the mode of vhost.
The daemon never support reload.
The mode of vhost, to make the vhost origin or edge, should never directly change the mode, because of:
- The origin and edge switch is too complex.
- The origin always put in a device group, never change to edge actually.
- The upnode or origin restart have no effect to user, edge will retry.
A workaround to modify the mode of vhost:
- Delete the vhost and reload.
- Ensure the vhost is deleted, for the reload is async.
- Add vhost with new mode, then reload.
The use scenario of reload:
- Donot restart server to apply new config, only
killall -1 srs.
- Donot disconnect user connections.
The usage of reload:
killall -1 srs
Or send signal to process:
kill -1 7635
Or use SRS scripts: